membership in asp.net2.0 - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

membership in asp.net2.0

Last post Mon, Feb 19 2007 12:42 AM by tinagour. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 16 2007 5:37 AM

• tinagour
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 16 2007
    • Posts 6

membership in asp.net2.0

hi tina here

can any one suggest me a gud tutorial /material on membership in asp.net2.0 .

i gone thru vsite butr not of much help can any one help me out!

• Fri, Feb 16 2007 5:52 AM In reply to

Re: membership in asp.net2.0

Hello Tina,

Is there a specific question on Membership that I can help you with?  Perhaps you can tell me a bit about what you are trying to do and where you are getting stuck and I can guide you.  I haven't looked too far for a tutorial, but you can never go wrong with 4GuysFromRolla.com. Here is one link I found:

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/040506-1.aspx

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
    Filed under:
  • Sat, Feb 17 2007 12:32 AM In reply to

• tinagour
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 6

thank 's for help but i hav a dought do v need to make any special changes to web.config file to make use of membership in asp.net web site code if yes please kindly list them

• Sat, Feb 17 2007 9:16 AM In reply to

Well, yes and no.  By default, it will create a sql server express file in your app_data folder and just use that.  If you want to use SQL Server, that will require some minor changes to your web.config file.   The only changes that you would ever need would involve specifying the connection string. 

If you click on the url below, you will see demo files from a presentation that I did on Membership.  One important thing to point out is that .NET has a really useful utility that will allow you to customize some of the membership features and it is all done through a gui, rather than by modifying the web.config file.  You can get to it by clicking on the ASP.NET Configuration button.  You will see it in the solution explorer and it is the button that looks like a globe with a red hammer to the left of it

http://www.xmlpitstop.com/ArticleManagement/DisplayArticle.aspx?ResourceID=131

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
  • Mon, Feb 19 2007 12:42 AM In reply to

• tinagour
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 6

hi

when i iam trying to use this statement in my .aspx.cs file it is showing error:Error 1 The type or namespace name 'MembershipData' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

Error 2 The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.ArrayList.Add(object)' has some invalid arguments 

Error 3 Argument '1': cannot convert from 'MembershipData' to 'object' 

MembershipData md = new MembershipData();

what to do pls help

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)