Microsoft Surface - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

Microsoft Surface

Last post Tue, Jul 17 2007 8:17 AM by DavidSilverlight. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 11 2007 5:20 AM

Microsoft Surface

Hi Technology Architects,

Microsoft introduce tommorrow technology is called as "Microsoft Surface" available  @ online http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

With surface,we can actually grab data with our hands,and move information between objects with natural gestures and touch

amazing technology..you can feel..

cheers!

bala

• Fri, Jun 15 2007 10:39 AM In reply to

Re: Microsoft Surface

When the news arrived in Italy, many people commented it saying Surface has already developed in Italy, in Finland, in U.S. and more and so MS has made a copy of these researches. I don't know if this is true or not, but I know this technology is a revolution!

Now, we have to do some questions:

1. Do MS Surface recognize the wireless devices without driver installation?
    2. Is it sure for our Credit Cards and the other credentials?
    3. Have MS developed a very revolutionary OS, more than Vista, in so few time?

Anyway, I think it's surely a great innovation!

Pasquale Innato <pisquik@gmail.com>
    Personal Blog
    Technical Blog
    SeQueryeL: my 1st project
  • Wed, Jun 20 2007 5:03 AM In reply to

I dont know about that issue, But we should accept which surafce is great innovation.

bala

http://balanagaraj.wordpress.com

• Wed, Jun 20 2007 7:05 AM In reply to

Firstly, I agree with everyone that it is one amazing innovation.

Now coming to the confusion surrounding this new technology... I'm not sure about the origins of the research on this, but AFAIK, it was the result of a research done at Microsoft in the year 2001.

It does not use multi-touch technology as most people presume, rather there are several strategically placed infrared sensors that capture the finger/object movements on the screen. It can simultaneously identify 52 touches and can process the same number of distinct functions.

Regarding identifying the mobile devices (as shown in the video), it does not require any special driver installation as it never identifies the mobile. It rather reads the barcode on that device (or any object) and understands the device.

Regarding the credit cards and their safety, it uses the same standard protocols and uses webservices securily for transactions... so absolutely secure.

And everything runs on Vista... no revolutionary secret OS behind this... if this hurts you... you still have to live with it Stick out tongue

Hope this clarifies some of the questions... I'll post more on this when I've a chance to meet the people behind this (Hopefully in July-EOM). So shoot me your questions so I can pick some nice ones to get answers

Your potential, our passionSmile

Best Regards,

Sidhartha (A.K.A Sid)

Official Blog

Personal Blog
  • Thu, Jun 21 2007 8:22 AM In reply to

• CraigNicholson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 19 2007
    • Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
    • Posts 28
      MVP

I was going to write a response here and decided to blog my comment instead. See my blog post here.

• Thu, Jul 5 2007 12:38 AM In reply to

Hello craig,

nice posting,i have the same doubt what u mentioned in your blog..wait and see

whatever it's a window for amazing technologies..

cheers!

bala

http:\\balanagaraj.wordpress.com

• Thu, Jul 5 2007 12:39 AM In reply to

Hello craig,

nice posting,i have the same doubt what u mentioned in your blog..wait and we will see the

cheers!

bala

• Thu, Jul 5 2007 12:39 AM In reply to

Hello craig,

nice posting,i have the same doubt what u mentioned in your blog..

cheers!

bala

• Tue, Jul 17 2007 5:03 AM In reply to

• mukeshranjan
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 17 2007
    • Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    • Posts 52

after seeing movie like minority report ,i was thinking whether this kind of thing and interface is possible or not...now microsoft surafe has proved me wrong and now i am hoping for implementation of idea that we had in matrix movie..really surface is amazing...ultimate...
  • Tue, Jul 17 2007 8:17 AM In reply to

It is interesting that you mentioned Minority Report.  I was watching it the other day and noticed the same thing.  In fact, if you watch a show called Eureka, you will have seen a similar implementation in one of the episodes.  It really amazes me how quickly technologies can go from something that is featured in a sci-fi show or movie to something that we actually can use today.  It is pretty mind blowing how quickly something seen as futuristic one day can become reality the next.
    Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)