My early Christmas present... - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

My early Christmas present...

Last post Wed, Dec 12 2007 10:00 PM by LouVega. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 11 2007 10:04 PM

• LouVega
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 14 2006
    • South Carolina, United States
    • Posts 818
      MVP

My early Christmas present...

So it's a duo-core 400MHz machine but did I mention it's mobile Big Smile

Just picked up my new AT&T Tilt today - already having fun with the built-in GPS and Google Maps!

New AT&T Tilt

• Wed, Dec 12 2007 6:11 AM In reply to

Re: My early Christmas present...

That looks really cool.  I recently had a chance to use an iPhone for an extended period of time.  I really enjoyed it.  I played around with the iPhone when it first came out in the store and thought for sure that I would never be able to use the internet on it or type on the touch screen keypad.  I was wrong.  The touch screen keyboard was not too bad after a while.  I see that the Tilt has actual keys and I am sure that I could definitely type faster with it, but I was still surprised at how my typing improved with the virtual keyboard.  Surfing was actually very nice the iPhone as well, another area that I actually changed my mind on.  Can you surf the internet on the Tilt?
    Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
  • Wed, Dec 12 2007 8:12 PM In reply to

• LouVega
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Posts 818
      MVP

Yeah my wife wants an iPhone real bad...but not just yet. As for the Tilt, yes I can surf...it uses the phone's built in connections for connectivity or I can use a WiFi hotspot. It's got Office Mobile 6.1 too so I can get Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and One Note 2007 files on there which is handy.

• Wed, Dec 12 2007 8:36 PM In reply to

Nice!  I am not sure if I ever mentioned it, but one of my biggest fears in getting an iPhone is that I would probably be online literally 24/7.  Part of me thinks that it is good to have some moments when you are not online.  Consider that to be the angel on my left shoulder.  Of course, the devil on my right shoulder keeps saying (in a much louder voice) "BUT YOU CAN CHECK YOUR EMAIL ANYTIME!!!! AND SURF TOO!!!!"
    Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
  • Wed, Dec 12 2007 10:00 PM In reply to

• LouVega
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Posts 818
      MVP

I can totally understand - I've purposefully NOT set up Outlook or any other e-mail on my SmartPhone yet just so I won't get e-mail "all the time"

Besides - my main motivation is because I love to develop against those devices :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)