I am a Stephanie Grima, will be 21 on 16th of October 2008. I am a still undergoing my last year of college, mainly studying on ASP.NET C#. I also work part-time in SharePoint. I am loving this experience because I am learning and working with new things, and blogging my experiences online. My blog site is: http://geekswithblogs.net/stephaniegrima/. Take a look if you're into SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, Game/Book Reviews, Free Tools and C# / ASP.NET.
Below, find some information about what I know and my projects.
• basics in Pascal and PHP
• Visual Basic .NET
• basics in Java (Net Beans)
• Word Processing and Spreadsheet Suites,
• Databases such as Microsoft Access, And MySql Query Browser. Now learning Oracle
• Power Point Presentations
• Basic knowledge of Sage
• Made use of Photoshop and Jasc Software.
Examples of my work include:
• A program in VB.NET which stores lyrics and has a search function. This was my first program in object oriented programming and the lyrics were stored in a text file. Storing of lyrics was done out of my own interest in the subject as at that time, we didn’t learn it yet.
• A Chat program in C#. This was the software project for my National Diploma. It included registration of users, logging in, adding new friends, submit a basic profile, viewing people who are online, chatting with friends. This program was made up of a server and clients connect to it. Database used is Microsoft Access.
• An airline website in C# and ASP.NET which let the register and log in to book flights and search through flights available. Administrator has the capability to add new flights to the website. There is also a feature of sending a message to the airline company. Database used is Microsoft Access.
• A website in C# ASP.NET which is like a community for artists, fans, concert organizers and music labels. The user chooses his role and inserts profile information accordingly. So far, the website is made up of: registering, logging in, inserting and updating profile (which includes a picture), number of profile views for the artists and also a search function. The profiles found are displayed in a data list and then the user clicks the link provided to view all details of the user.
Should you be interested to know more, drop a line by visiting my blog or on: firstname.lastname@example.org