Land of the Lost - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

Land of the Lost

Last post Fri, Jan 9 2009 8:54 AM by DavidSilverlight. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 7 2008 7:17 AM

Land of the Lost

I am not sure how many people out there will get as excited about this as I am, but I hear that there is a "Land of the Lost" movie coming out this year.  This has really made my morning.  That show brings me back. 

Here is the opening theme song:

I am going to try to hunt down info about the movie now...

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
  • Sun, Dec 7 2008 7:35 AM In reply to

Re: Land of the Lost

Has anybody ever been to the site "Jump the Shark"?  It is a show that pinpoints exactly at what episode a TV show starts going downhill.  The name is based on an episode of Happy Days in which Fonzie jumps over a shark.  It was downhill from there.  Incidentally, Ted McGinley is creditted for being responsible for being involved in the most number of shows Jumping the Shark.  In short, if you are in a cast that Ted McGinley joins, you can be assured that it will be off the air shortly. 

Now, the reason that I bring all of this up is that it says that Ted McGinley was in Land of the Lost.  Could this be true?  If so, I am wondering what character he played.  Any Land of the Lost trivia buffs out there?

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

• Mon, Dec 8 2008 5:03 PM In reply to

• svickn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 2 2008
    • Baton Rouge, LA
    • Posts 71

I didn't realize this show was that old! It says it was mid 70's but I remember watching it probably late 80's. Great show, however I don't think that many shows with that sort of gestation before movies are bound for greatness :(

• Sun, Dec 14 2008 5:32 PM In reply to

Yes, it really was that old.  They also had a few iterations of this show in the 70s and 80s.  I can't say that the movie will be that great, bit I could not miss it any more than I could miss the Speed Racer movie. Big Smile

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

• Thu, Jan 1 2009 7:33 AM In reply to

• technodrone
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 22 2008
    • Nashville Tennessee USA
    • Posts 2

I love Land of The Lost. My husband thought I was a freak for many years. He said no one else in the world even knows about that shows. I am glad to finally find fellowship with other Land of the Lost fans. I pray the movie is not terrible like the recent Speed Racer movie that my family waited for months to see only to be betrayed by Hollywood.  We can only hope for the best. Hopefully I will be able to let my Lord of the Rings CDs take a break for a while.

• Fri, Jan 9 2009 8:54 AM In reply to

Yes, you are not alone.  I actually do not have high hopes for the movie.  I think that the only hope might be if they take a somewhat satirical spin on it.  It really was such a great show, but probably best to be left back in the 70's.  Today, I am guessing that they would probably  create what is essentially a 4th sequal to Jurrassaic Park, which we clearly do not need.  Who knows, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, I will definitely go out and see it, regardless of what I my predictions are.  Now that we are chatting about it, I am going to see if there is a box set of the episode that I can buy.

On a side note, you can watch all of the full episodes of Speed Racer on Hulu.com

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)