The Community Credit Website is so '90's! - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

The Community Credit Website is so '90's!

Last post Wed, Jul 1 2009 6:32 PM by DavidSilverlight. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 30 2009 10:56 PM

The Community Credit Website is so '90's!

This website is so 90's like. Why doesn't it use Ajax? And, what's up with the terrible flicker (page refresh) when ever you do any little thing? Oh, yeah that's because it's built in just plain ASP.NET.

Complaining aside, it'd be cool if it used Ajax!

Also, the site banner is annoying that it takes up such a large part of the top of EVERY page on the site. At least hide it when a user is logged in.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Platform
  • Wed, Jul 1 2009 2:20 AM In reply to

Re: The Community Credit Website is so '90's!

I would like to think that it is at least late 90's. Big Smile   You do make all good points.   One thing that is in the works is a rewrite of the site.  It is actually something that has been on the plate for a very long time, but now it actually might happen, and the technology of choice (no surprise here) is Silverlight.  So, stay tuned and you should see a new version of the site in the next month or so.

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
  • Wed, Jul 1 2009 9:46 AM In reply to

Cool, I wasn't expecting that. My idea of posting this was just to maybe get some discussion around what people would like in the site, but since you're already completely on top of it I don't think a discussion is probably needed. I'll just have to wait and see what you come up with.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Platform
  • Wed, Jul 1 2009 6:32 PM In reply to

Hey Chris,

Well, I am definitely open for feedback on the new Silverlight version once the initial version is up.

- David

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)