Earn points with software - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

Earn points with software

Last post Tue, Jan 30 2007 11:10 AM by PasqualeInnato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 21 2007 10:34 AM

Earn points with software

Can I earn points if I publish an Open Source software on the web, like a project in SourceForge.net ? Let me now.

Pasquale Innato <pisquik@gmail.com>
    Personal Blog
    Technical Blog
    SeQueryeL: my 1st project
  • Mon, Jan 22 2007 5:42 AM In reply to

Re: Earn points with software

You bet!  There is an Open Source Category, actually.    That should apply in your case, but if it does not describe your contribution, just let me know.  I am going to simplify the point system a little bit soon, as well, so that it explains things a bit better.  Since we now have som many categories, I think that it is getting a bit unwieldy.
    Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
    Filed under:
  • Tue, Jan 23 2007 12:36 PM In reply to

I've just published a little software on CodePlex: SeQueryeL. It's an alpha version, but works quite well. Naturally it's an open source project, so you can download the source code for free.
    Personal Blog
    Technical Blog
    Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 28 2007 2:54 PM In reply to

Hey Pasuqale,

I am not sure if I mentioned this or not, but there is a CodePlex project category.    You are definitely very active!  Keep up the great work!  So tell us a bit more about SeQueryeL.  I think that it is a very interesting undertaking.  Is it meant as something that is an enhanced version of the editor that comes with SQL Server?  Are you thinking that it might be a tool that could be incorporated into apps to let users create queries for reports and such?  I realize that it is still very new, but was curious to know what long term plans you had for it.

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jan 30 2007 10:30 AM In reply to

It's an immature project, but very useful I think. A lot of times, the database managers can't use the traditional editor for different kinds of troubles such as problems on the machines, problems with the software and much more. In these cases, the manager needs a little editor to recovery informations, with queryes and commands. SeQueryeL is this kind of application, it helps who works with the DBs. Like I've wrote on the home page of the project: SeQueryeL is the last hope Smile!! Ok, it isn't a complete, good software (maybe because it has too bugs Sad) but, in my opinion, it is a little useful utility. Visit the project portal on http://www.codeplex.com/Sequeryel/.
    Personal Blog
    Technical Blog
    Filed under:
  • Tue, Jan 30 2007 10:41 AM In reply to

Cool, I like that, "The last hope" Big Smile  Don't sweat the fact that is buggy, immature or incomplete.  Codeplex is designed for others to join in and if they would like to see less bugs and more features, they can simply come aboard and help out the team.  It is good that you took the initiative to start it to begin with.  Good luck with it and keep us posted.
    Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jan 30 2007 11:10 AM In reply to

Thank you David! I'll keep you tuned on the project. Naturally, who wants to download, edit, test, fix bugs and more, is very welcome Smile!
    Personal Blog
    Technical Blog
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)