DotNetSlackers announces an Atlas
contest: build a cool Atlas control or extender and win a MSDN premium subscription
Are you involved with Atlas development? Have you got a cool Atlas control to show us? Are you planning to develop one? If so, consider submitting your work and sharing it with other people in the community: the developer of the best control will be awarded with a MSDN Premium subscription. The more controls you submit the higher your chances to win!
In order to participate in the contest, you must be 18 years or older. Employees of Microsft Corporation are not eligible to enter. Rules are simple:
- Code one or more cool Atlas controls or extenders using the Atlas April CTP or later.
- Submit both the code and a small demo example to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry period ends on 08/15/2006.
- All the submission will be evaluated and the best control will be chosen based on the following criteria:
The winner control will be announced on 09/15/2006 and the developer will be awarded with a MSDN Premium Subscription.
- Is it a needed/useful control?
- Code quality/simplicity
- Number of Atlas framework's features used
- The control's source code can be published under an open source license of your choice.
- The winner control and all other submissions will be available for download to the members of the DotNetSlackers community.