The position is part of the Global Network Security Service Operations support team. The position functionally and administratively reports to Supervisor, Global Network Security Services. The incumbent will have primary accountability for delivery of Global Network Security Services in support of business operations.
1. Primarily responsible for operational IDS/IPS incident monitoring, filtering, and investigating using an Enterprise deployed network intrusion detection system.
2. Develop reporting process for incidents and report monthly summary of incidents.
3. Building a strong working relationship within the global Information Systems organization with the Global Information Protection organization.
4. Liaise with other members of the Network Security team, on a peer-to-peer basis, with the aim of exchanging knowledge, experience, ideas and keeping the team aware of current and pending activities.
5. Maintain an effective plan of work for the current and pending operational project commitments.
6. Participate in Global Network Security and Operations team Follow the Sun (FTS) commitments.
7. Ensure data and configuration of Network Security infrastructure is limited to authorized personnel only
8. Working occasional weekends and late night based on security incident activities.
Operational experience with:
· Cisco IDS/IPS operations
· Cisco Mars event correlation
· Checkpoint SmartDefense
Effective planning of application installation and troubleshooting skills
Strong integrity – ability to work with highly sensitive and access restricted information
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Effective Team player – can work as part of local or global teams
Exposed to the latest attach patterns and methods of evaluating them
Exposure to a HIDS environment
Linux/Unix/Windows skills and network troubleshooting experience
General Knowledge of networking technologies and protocols
Special Skills, Training and Certifications
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Cisco IDS and Mars certification is highly desired
CheckPoint certification is highly desired
NOTE: Please tell them the Bartlesville .NET User Group sent you!