Process Library goes interactive - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

Process Library goes interactive

Last post Thu, Jan 4 2007 8:39 AM by DavidSilverlight. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 4 2007 3:21 AM

Process Library goes interactive

Have you ever used Process Library to find out more about processes? The guys have added a scanner function to the site - it will scan your PC and tell you what's running, and if the process could be a threat - http://www.processlibrary.com/processscan

Hilary Rogers
  • Thu, Jan 4 2007 8:39 AM In reply to

Re: Process Library goes interactive

Yes, I have used ProcessLibrary.com a number of times and I think that it is one of the greate sites out there.    There are just so many times where your machine is not acting quite right and you are not sure if you have some new virus or spamware.  The normal first reaction for me is to bring up Task Manager to see what is running.    Although you can view the running processes, but if there is a process that is running on your machine that is problematic, you can never tell by it's name.  You are hoping to see a process named "MachineKiller.exe" or "BritneySpearsVirus.exe", but it is never that obvious.   Instead you just see a bunch of processes that you have have never heard of.  That is what I like about your site.  If a process name looks suspect, you can just look it up on your website.  I really think that your site, processlibrary.com is a really excellent idea!!!   Big thumbs up to you guys.   I like this new feature also, now you can just run a system scan to see if anything is wrong.  The display of the results is also very nicely organized and cear.  Good stuff!

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)